BPRA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goalposts on the Green Space

+2
Scott
Alex.Bennett
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you support goal nets on the green?

Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_lcap80%Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_lcap0%Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_lcap20%Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_lcap0%Goalposts on the Green Space Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Goalposts on the Green Space Empty Goalposts on the Green Space

Post  Alex.Bennett Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi guys. I was just wondering whether it would be possible in the future to erect goalposts on the green as this was mentioned a while ago. Most kids on the estate really enjoy playing football but with out goal posts the ball goes onto the road alot which causes problems for kids and residents alike. Was this idea looked into and dismissed or has it being forgotten? If it has been forgotten i would like to bring this up at the next meeting as most kids feel this is an improvement waiting to be made. I am not bothered about where they would be placed as long as they are placed somewhere(if decided upon) where residents won't get flying balls at their houses. lol! Cheers, guys cheers

Last edited by Alex.Bennett on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Goalposts on the Green Space Empty Re: Goalposts on the Green Space

Post  Scott Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:02 pm

I think this is a good idea and as goalposts are quite cheap and easily moveable this could work. I don't know about anyone else but I like this idea. It would work well as it would mean we wouldn't have to run onto a busy road to get the ball as it would mostly end up in the back of the net and the ball wouldn't hit the houses. I'd be up for chippin' in a few bob for it Very Happy
Scott
Scott
Admin

https://bpra.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Scott wrote:as it would mostly end up in the back of the net and the ball wouldn't hit the houses. I'd be up for chippin' in a few bob for it Very Happy
Don't think it would end up in the net with your shooting mate Wink I'd be up for chipping in a couple of pounds as well if the idea was approved.
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Alex.Bennett wrote: Don't think it would end up in the net with your shooting mate Wink I'd be up for chipping in a couple of pounds as well if the idea was approved.

Oi, I'm like Robinho Wink anyway we could maybe do a football related activity to raise money for these eg the prediction league, penalty shoot-out, parents v children etc
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Yeah these would be good. I remember last time we played lads v dads we got thrashed about 10-1 lol! Also if you do a penalty shoot-out I would be up for being in net because after all I am world class! Wink
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Yeah we did get owned but we could get our revenge back though! Who was it that scored again Question Question I think it was that Scott McElroy guy but I'm not sure Wink Laughing
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:57 pm

I was thinking about raising money for these goalnets if they are allowed and I'm sure we could hire the astro turf in Ulverston and have a proper game! If not Swarthmoor is always available Very Happy
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Scott wrote:I was thinking about raising money for these goalnets if they are allowed and I'm sure we could hire the astro turf in Ulverston and have a proper game! If not Swarthmoor is always available Very Happy
I would rather do it at swarthmoor as we can play for free and it is more accesible then the astro turf. Also the other day when i was down at the astro turf a pitch cost around £40.
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Swarthmoor it is then, but is anyone up for it. It looks like is just us to atm Bennett. If an adult like Shaun or Edward goes round and asks adults we can ask the kids. I think we would raise a bit of money by it Very Happy
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:39 pm

Scott wrote:Swarthmoor it is then, but is anyone up for it. It looks like is just us to atm Bennett. If an adult like Shaun or Edward goes round and asks adults we can ask the kids. I think we would raise a bit of money by it Very Happy

Yeah ok, but first we have to get everyone to agree to goalposts on the green so we'll discuss a fundraiser in the future.
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am

Yeah I suppose you are right. We can ask nicely on Sunday Very Happy btw an 8x4 ft goal net is £29.99 from Argos. I think we could easily make enough money for one if this is allowed to go ahead
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Scott wrote:Yeah I suppose you are right. We can ask nicely on Sunday Very Happy btw an 8x4 ft goal net is £29.99 from Argos. I think we could easily make enough money for one if this is allowed to go ahead

What is it with you and Argos lol! I can't wait to see if this is implemented Smile
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:00 pm

I lyk Argos Very Happy and wtf does implemented mean lol!
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie..x Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm

i think it means gone ahead wiv
ellie..x
ellie..x
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  robert morris Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Idea Idea Idea If we have goall posts with nets on that means the ball wont go on the street, gardens as often. but it depends where we put them Exclamation
robert morris
robert morris

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:15 pm

robert morris wrote:Idea Idea Idea If we have goall posts with nets on that means the ball wont go on the street, gardens as often. but it depends where we put them Exclamation

Im sure if we were to get the goal posts then we could find the best and most suitable place for both residents and children Wink
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 pm

I think where we play footy atm is the best place because its a good bit away from cars, houses etc and it won't go on the road as often (unless i sky it lol! )
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Scott wrote:I think where we play footy atm is the best place because its a good bit away from cars, houses etc and it won't go on the road as often (unless i sky it lol! )

Yeah your right as everywhere else is either overgrown or on a slope with trees around it which makes it impossible to play football Very Happy
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Goalposts on the Green Space Empty posts

Post  Josh Carr Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi i was just wondering Alex are we getting the posts or not because they would be great and i would chip in for some posts. I think we should do something in the holidays to raise money aswell if we dont have enough already. Also have you thought about the money in the tin because we could use that aswell. Exclamation cherry
Cheers
from josh p.s. i will be aloud out on monday maybe sunday Embarassed as my leg is getting better. Very Happy

Josh Carr
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Carr Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm

How will we raise money Question

Josh Carr
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex.Bennett Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Josh Carr wrote:How will we raise money Question

On page 1 me and scott have amde a few suggestions on what we could do including having a sponsered football match at swarthmoor and other things.
Alex.Bennett
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:28 pm

Josh Carr wrote: i will be aloud out on monday maybe sunday Embarassed as my leg is getting better. Very Happy

Good to here mate, hope your fit enough for a sponsored footy match if we have one Wink by the way, I think our tin money was given to a certain Sizzle Inn for a few chips Evil or Very Mad
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Carr Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:09 pm

Scott wrote:
Josh Carr wrote: i will be aloud out on monday maybe sunday Embarassed as my leg is getting better. Very Happy

Good to here mate, hope your fit enough for a sponsored footy match if we have one Wink by the way, I think our tin money was given to a certain Sizzle Inn for a few chips Evil or Very Mad

dont have the football match till monday because i'll definatley be aloud out and i've got a new ball (the premier league one)

Josh Carr
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  2SG Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi All. While I think its great that you are all coming up with some good ideas and your enthusiasm is encouraging ,I don't believe that something like goal posts on the green can be decided here. I know you are all checking out how people feel about this but probally not everyone has a computer on the estate and many may never enter this site. There are a lot of considerations with something like this and there will be many differing opinions . I believe therefore that all suggestions such as this should be bought to the Committee meetings to be discussed further. This may have been your intention anyway but thought I should mention it. Regards, Sharon

2SG
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 pm

I was thinking that to be honest. I think things like goalposts etc now has decided by us kids too much on here and we should probably take it up at the meetings as not a lot of people on South Green are on this forum Rolling Eyes
Scott
Scott
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next